Thank you for visiting the El Paso Museum of History! Wondering if you can snap a photo of your visit? Here’s the answer:
We encourage visitors to capture their visit and share it on social media, tagging us @epmuseumofhistory, but we have a few rules to protect our objects and to respect other visitors’ experiences.
- Flash photography/videography is not permitted.
- Photography is permitted for personal, noncommercial use only with small handheld cameras/devices.
Note: Larger DSLR cameras or cameras with detachable lenses need prior approval from our Marketing & Communications Coordinator (See “Personal Photography” section below)
- Tripods, monopods, gimbals, and other camera extensions, such as selfie sticks, are not permitted.
- Photography must be conducted without disruption to other visitors, Museum operations, or limitation to the accessibility of exhibitions, entrances/exits, doorways, and high-traffic areas.
- Visitors must remain behind stanchions and maintain a safe, non-touching distance from all works, cases, platforms, and pedestals.
- Photography of the exterior of the Museum and the outdoor grounds is permitted.
- Photographs taken by visitors cannot be published, sold, reproduced, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever. The El Paso Museum of History is not responsible for any uses of visitor photography that infringe upon third-party copyrights or other rights.
- Photography of certain works on view at the Museum may be prohibited. A no-photography symbol will be posted in the galleries or next to the work of art. If you are unsure, feel free to ask our front desk attendants for help.
Staged photography, with or without a hired professional photographer, is not permitted in the Museum without prior approval. This includes but is not limited to graduations, proms, engagement/bridal portraits, photoshoots, or weddings.
Contact our Marketing & Communications Coordinator in advance for permissions: Natasha Norman - (915) 212-3162 | NormanN@elpasotexas.gov
While at the El Paso Museum of History, visitors may be photographed by our Museum photographer or other authorized parties. These images may be used to publicize the Museum and its activities in print, online, and in display materials, and they may also be distributed to the media. Attendance on the Museum premises constitutes implied consent for the use of visitors’ likenesses in the Museum’s promotional materials.
Press Photography & Media Inquiries
Members of the media must make arrangements for all photo/video shoots and interviews in advance. Because the El Paso Museum of History is a City institution, prior approval must be given via the City’s Public Information Office. Please email Rick Isaias, Lead Public Affairs Coordinator with the subject line as follows:
Subject: EPMH- Media Request
*Please note that photo shoot requests that cannot be staffed will be declined.